Author Topic: Know the Mods, Intro Self...  (Read 4630 times)

Winsor

Know the Mods, Intro Self...
« on: 30 December 2010, 02:48:54 AM »
As mentioned, I thought someone had to start.

Being the 28th registered member, seeing the nice number, I shall make a first entry here. haha!

First of all, I have not be active in the PB scene (oops!), very in-experienced in playing competitively, and yeap. pretty much sums it all for PB.

I'm that dude in the Yellow half-on JT Mask. Back in the days before 2010 for SPNS. Thanks Tom for the picture, wherever you are now.

If you have been on the RD's Forum thread, I am Kirin, that is my on-game nickname, not sure if you'd still recognize it.

Started painting before I enlisted, till now, I am a 6months ORD'd personnel - NSman!.

Was part of the 1st 8 tournament teams in Singapore, currently now defunct Redlords. But am still proud to be one of the first few teams formed in Singapore. BTO'd player Registration Number TO-08-0030 under the old BTO schemes where players have to be licensed to play without centreline. Wonder if the new players know about this ancient thing. hahaha! Kudos to Ben-Calgar for the time spent on this project.

Got my few seconds of fame on TV (0.11min), heavily clothed and masked, so if you doubt me, I have no proof. haha!

Proud to say I was once a competitive paintballer, though in a budding scene. Was marshalling for the later legs of SPNS due to not being in a team as mentioned above. One trivia, I am Basic Marshall Registration No, MO-08-001, first ever registered in Singapore.  ;) Of course, the BMO, created as an initiative first step for Singapore Paintball marshalling community, is not as relevant now due to the progression of the scene, with MM Junaidi coming in to raise the bar and bring it up to global standards. I wonder where the rest of these BMO people are.

I guess it's a little info-overload. Skimming through, a 22 year old dude, loves water-sports and many others stuff which is too lengthy to name.

Great to see the previous leg of SPS filled with participants, really amazing. Keep it up ladies and gentlemen, paint on!
« Last Edit: 02 January 2011, 06:38:59 PM by Winsor »

Winsor

Re: Know the Mods, Intro Self...
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2010, 02:36:47 PM »
ORD in 6 months? Nice one. Perhaps its time to come back?  ;D

Oops, I meant I ORD'd 6months ago. haha!

admin

• Administrator
    • Paintball Association (Singapore)
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2010, 01:08:51 AM »
Thanks Winsor... good intro

I'm the admin. I built these forums and help keep things running smoothly in paintball cyberland...

If anyone ever has a problem with anything to do with these forums or the site you can contact any of the forum mods or myself and we'll try and lend a helping hand.

The aim of these forums is to bring the paintball community together and help all those interested in playing paintball with the information they will need to get out there and play - with an emphasis on promoting Singapore paintball venues, retail outlets and events.

If you haven't introduced yourselves please add your bio in this thread...

GG-Goana

• Forum Mod
  • Contract Killers-SG WOOOHOO!!
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
Gooood day to all paintballers,

My name is Greg, but you can call me GG, Garfield or.. Greg. I played my first game of paintball in July 2008, Mr Thomas Lee(Tom) then introduced me to speedball! I started playing competitive paintball at the start of 2009, had a team with my school mates called Team Ares and played SPNS 09 Leg 2/3, soon we all dispatched due to study commitments..but I kept on going, right now im in Contract Killers-SG :D

Other than paintball, i play soccer and.. yea just soccer..

Cant think of anything else to say, so i'll just sign off here :D

woohoo! Paintball #1!

Greg "Garfield" Goana
Contract Killers-SG
TEAM.KILL.WIN
« Last Edit: 31 December 2010, 05:59:15 PM by GG-Goana »
GG-Goana "Garfield" #77
Contract Killers - SG
TEAM.KILL.WIN

rLefty

« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
Nice going Winsor!!

Hey guys, I am Marcus.. aka rLefty. I am currently with the OUTLAWS..

I started competitive paintball after being poisoned by Winsor.. Thanks dude... LOL! Joined Los Asesnos for SPS after which we disbaned and I am now where I am.

I also do Waterpolo and Lifesaving.. love the water alot.

Do say 'HI' if u see me ard in RD..

Peace out~

Marcus

SeanPadman

• Interim Committee Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2011, 12:59:46 PM »
Well, hey all

I finally have the ability to do this, so first would like to say hi to all those above me. For those who are gonna be coming in after me, welcome, and fasterfaster intro!

My name is Sean, I'm relatively new to paintball, have been playing for the better part of two years now. Was introduced to the game by some former colleagues, and I don't get to play nearly as often as I'd like, partly due to locking people down for games, haha. But I'm always up for it, and very interested in the potential of the game here in SG.

Calgar

« Reply #6 on: 02 January 2011, 02:53:20 AM »
It's me SB/Calgar.

Stepped away from paintball for a fair bit of time, I think the last time I picked up a marker was in the final leg of the 2009 SPNS(?) with old school ballers like Jayex and Casey. We've all moved on from the game due to real life commitments (girlfriends, school, family and work) but we're still around.

Sold off most of my gear as well (though I still have the pants, jersey, mask, harness, pods - if I ever do come back to the game)

It's nice to see another forum up.

:)

thepixelninja

• wai u hatin....
« Reply #7 on: 02 January 2011, 05:51:01 AM »
My name's Zai. Very simple to remember.  ;D Hi to those who posted before me and will be posting right after me. Haaa~

I'm new to the scene. Well, relatively at least. Started playing only around late April 2010. Currently playing for Team Rampage Onslaught. Got into paintball from my workplace. Looking at the videos they play there got me curious as to what speedball is all about. Where recball failed to give me satisfaction, speedball answered. So here I am.  ;D

I try to play as much as I can though like almost everyone else, other commitments do come in the way of practicing or just a regular skirmish at the field. My first tournament was Sultan of Kedah Cup back in May '10 (I think) and since then, I've always been looking out on ways to improve my game or help another to the best of my knowledge. Wherever the local scene takes us, I'm here to see its positive grow. Off the field, I dabble a little bit in graphic design, sound, photography and video. And despite the profile pic and me being straight up and direct whenever I say about certain things, I'm actually very approachable. It's just people are sorta sensitive sometimes. Haters~ Hahaha!!!

Cya guys sometime, on or off the field. Peace and God bless.

benguin

• Contract Killers - Singapore Group Page
« Reply #8 on: 03 January 2011, 01:39:39 AM »
HHHHHHey!!!!!!!!

benguin Here.. aka benedict tan from Contract Killers - SG. im 25 tHis year. played for a lil over 2 years now and still lovin every
 bit of tHe game. started paintball during NS when i just told a bunch of pals to go for tHis small event at Red Dynasty called "Magic GatHering" and now tHe few of us are tHe builders of our current team. won some and lost a few tournaments but Hey, tHats wat
life is all about rigHt! so yea, wat else is tHere to say?? Hmm.. i tink ill tHen tHank Bben and his RD crew for organizing tHat small event back in 2008. if it were'nt for tHem, tHere wont be a Contract Killers - SG at all. THanks Bben!

Team! Kill!! Win!!!
Benguin
Contract Killers - Singapore

GG-Goana

• Forum Mod
  • Contract Killers-SG WOOOHOO!!
« Reply #9 on: 03 January 2011, 11:03:59 PM »
HHHHHHey!!!!!!!!

benguin Here.. aka benedict tan from Contract Killers - SG. im 25 tHis year. played for a lil over 2 years now and still lovin every
 bit of tHe game. started paintball during NS when i just told a bunch of pals to go for tHis small event at Red Dynasty called "Magic GatHering" and now tHe few of us are tHe builders of our current team. won some and lost a few tournaments but Hey, tHats wat
life is all about rigHt! so yea, wat else is tHere to say?? Hmm.. i tink ill tHen tHank Bben and his RD crew for organizing tHat small event back in 2008. if it were'nt for tHem, tHere wont be a Contract Killers - SG at all. THanks Bben!

Team! Kill!! Win!!!
Benguin
Contract Killers - Singapore

You really Had to make all the Hs capital didnt you.. baHaHaHaHaHa
GG-Goana "Garfield" #77
Contract Killers - SG
TEAM.KILL.WIN

houdini

• ZOO Numero Uno
  • There is no 'I' in TEAM
    • ZOO Paintball
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2011, 10:57:25 PM »

My name's Grant Harrison aka houdini

Things you may or may not know about me...

- Manager/Captain/Coach and CFO of ZOO paintball team
- First played woodsball paintball in 1989 (once)
- Started playing speedball in July 2008
- Originally from Melbourne, Australia and have lived in Singapore since 2006
- Mother is Chinese / Dad is Aussie but both born and bred in Australia
- I'm 6 foot 2 & a half inches tall or 186cm
- Have been a sports nut all my life and have competed in athletics, swimming, basketball and even used to be a windsurfing instructor
- Am self-employed running my own Graphic Design/Web Design/Advertising business
- Used to be the Marketing/PR Director for 9 years of one of the biggest clubs in Melbourne called Chasers
- Lived in Manila for 2 years 95-97
- Met my original paintball team through the Xbox community at BOB
- In 2010 I played MPOC, MY-NPL, CPCL, SPS, PALS and a few other feeder paintball events... over 12 tournaments in D3 and Open Divisions
- I started www.paintballnews.asia to help promote Asia-Pacific paintball
- I'm the admin of these SPC forums
- I'm heading up the Interim Committee of the new PBAS in the hope that with a lot of co-operation and hard work, the entire Singapore paintball community can work together to make some serious progress in paintball development and awareness

That's about it - if you want info on my team you can visit our website.
If you want the latest on what's going on in paintball in the region you can visit PaintballNews.Asia

If you want to help PBAS (AND YES WE NEED HELP FROM EVERYONE) please read the PBAS forum boards. Open discussions and new ideas are welcomed.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2011, 11:02:49 PM by houdini »

gunghopaul

• "Imagination is Greater than Knowledge"
    • www.xtionpaintball.com/forum
« Reply #11 on: 05 January 2011, 02:51:41 AM »
Hi there..Paul fr PALS reporting in for duty...cheers.Nice forum bro.
CHEERS!!

Bravo1

• Challenge yourself before others...
« Reply #12 on: 05 January 2011, 07:43:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

Games Director 2008 Serpentine                               Games Director 2009 Clackline                 Night Games at Bunbury 2009

My name is San Chew aka Bravo1 and I am the Captain of the WolfPack Singapore (founded 2010) and WolfPack Western Australia (Founded 2007) team.
With 9 members in Singapore and 12 members in WA, we are inclined to MilSim woodsball and love our camos and Tippmann to the core.
Although alot of people tried or began their paintball experience in Woods but MilSim woodsball is completely different.
My first Paintball game was with a Tippy pump in 1989 in Western Australia, I was an Airsoft operator back then.

Started the Wolfpack WA team in 2007, following that, formed the Acion Combat Elite (ACE) in 2008 and later develped the Western Australia Bushball Club to gather all bushballers (Woodsballers) in WA for regular games. With the support from 3 major field operators in WA, I was able to organize large scale scenario games(200-300 players) to Small scale MilSim games (80 -100) including night games and as well as the Western Australia Scenario Players League Series(2009/10).

Specific to MilSim games, I have drafted (as Games Director) MilSim and Scenario games requirements from 2007 to 2010. Also developed training courses for MilSim and Woodsball type games. Will likely hold similar events with Operators in Malaysia and Western Australia in 2011.

Started the WolfPack Singapore team in July 2010 and working hard to get the team ready for scenario games and woodsball competition in 2011. The guys in Singapore are fairly well "trained" for woodsball as most have completed their National Service. As with the team in Western Australia, the deal is all about developing good teamwork, strong character and sportmanship.

I am currently working as an Information Security Professional with a Bank based in Singapore, prior to this, I was an Information Security Consultant in WA but left the job and worked on woodsball consultancy projects for two years before my move back to Singapore. I enjoy reading military tactics, Art of War and most of all,  putting them to practice. I love conducting MilSim Woodsball courses and expect our all members to complete at least the Advance Tactic Assault Course (ATAC).

I would love to see Paintball, as a Sport in Singapore grow into something which everyone can easily take part in and enjoy at the same time. Competitive or not, it should be a game which will foster friendship and develop sportmanship. Something the whole family can take part, in one way or another.

Cheers
San

WolfPackWA 2007                                   WolfPackWA 2008                                   WolfPackWA Dec 2009      

WolfPackWA 2010                                   WolfPack Singapore 2010/11

« Last Edit: 13 January 2011, 11:29:12 AM by Bravo1 »
Bravo1
WolfPack Singapore
WolfPack Western Australia
WA Bushball Club
SPAWN

Bear

« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
Hi All,

I'm David Leow. I started playing woodsball while still studying in Uni back in 1996. Been playing on and off whenever time permits.
Started playing Speedball with Hot Fuzz, then started Evil Avengers with my man Ian. Finally Joining Team Zoo to play in Div 3 tournaments.

I used to be known as Knife at the RD forums, but in light of the fact that I'm now in Zoo, I shall now be known as Bear. It's a more appropriate nick anyway.

Krank

• Killer #02. Once a killer, ALWAYS a killer.
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
Hi guys... This is Shark from Contract Killers - SG.. I've been playing paintball competitively for over 2 yrs now.. One of the first 3 to start Contract Killers - SG back in 2008. We have been active in both the local and regional scene from SPNS to SPS to even PALS Thailand and of course even a podium finish at World Cup Asia.. I hope to contribute as much as I can to both the local scene and regional scene..

I hope to see and of course eventually meet new players for the game soon..

Feel free to approach ANY of my killers and myself if you need help or clarification on any matters about paintball. Paintballers are generally fun and approachable people. We're a small community but it doesn't mean we're stuck up spoilt brats (or old men)... hahahah Hope to see more on the field soon..

Oh and I think Grant is kind of a tool at times but still a great guy.  ;D