Author Topic: Ballers kakia' tell us how the bug got to you and how u started  (Read 2377 times)

D3tC0rD

• Interim Committee Member
  • X7OG,DigiINVERT AVATAR,RAP4 TACTEN,MARPAT,MAGPUL
Dudes and Dudettes who are Ballz kakia'
how did you get in the game and how did your game and gear develop?

for me it was stumbling over an ebay coupon whilst i was in OZ(Gold coast). So there was a buy one get one free.
a bunch of us wandered into the field with tongs and bermudas.
The operator (can't remember the name) laughed and told us, Nope you can't go in like that!!!
so we were given smelly work coveralls, they call boilersuits. and some hiking boots(used) that was gross!!!
so we thought it was gonna be only 5 of us, but the operator has reporting schedules and then voila!!! about 20 or so more turned up.
It was woodsball or bushball they call it.
the awesomeness was there were real rust cars and a CHopper!!!
That was my 1st game years back and the bug hit me!!!

from there, came back to SG to check out the local scene, felt its pretty flacid (sorry, my opinion) so headed up north to play lots.
THen came accross some friends that play in that area around Yishun and joined them.
The recent PBAS committee is headed up by local players got me excited again.

So I'm now sleeping with 2 mistresses "Woods" and "Speed" and not necessarily at the same time every weekend.

I still remember using that smelly rental mask and marker from tippman..yuks....everytime so here comes the shopping spree.

bought my 1st mask "extreme rage" over ebay then another other PB nation.
my 2nd is a grillz(FAV)
my 3rd is a INvert
shopping for my 4th which could be an Angel.
Anyone wanna buy my extra masks??

Gears have gone from camo'ed t-shirts to Valken Tactical and soon heading towards Dye tactical or Crye and 5.11
My 1st speedball jersey was a 5USD proto from PBnation and 8usd pants from ebay
but i love my draxxus!!!!
THe harness and load bearing vests were upgraded from SAF rigs and simple pod holders.
The pods have gone from NXE's to lock lids!!!!!

feet are protected by ever trusted my footballing days adidas........!!!!!!

To top it up I'm fighting with 'Jannah' which incidentally is also my daughter's name.
She is sweetly rigged in MAGPUL and OPSgear or an AK-47 Opp Force unit.

days and months have passed.
Some of me mates have spent >2k over their gear......new players, should slow down because the stuffs are tempting, yes.
If you can get hand me downs, it better.
But hell its much better spending it on some other shts..!!!

Oh yes, BTW, if anyone wants to buy some of my items, please PM me, too much junk already!!! ???

The game has evolved with more and more players getting serious.(sometimes too serious!!!)

but nice to look back and laugh.

My game has gone from simple elimination to full day Battles.

True Mil-sim woodsballers at heart but I'll slip slide and snap shoot u in the bunker anytime.

Next up!! I'm looking at Level 3 games around here!!!
Peace out*

Blue,red,pink,white,yellow....it still smells the same.....a rose is still a rose
quoted by Fellow Soldier
D3tC0rd
X7OG

Wish List^^^Zero Hammer kit, Tacamo or Trinity, Ego 11.
In Transit*** OPSGEAR***
Arrived and Kitted~~~MAGPUL~~~

houdini

• ZOO Numero Uno
  • There is no 'I' in TEAM
    • ZOO Paintball
Re: Ballers kakia' tell us how the bug got to you and how u started
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2011, 03:22:25 PM »

I first played in Victoria, Australia somewhere in the bush around 1989. The club I was working at had a staff outing so we all drove out to the country, got a briefing from the operators and started playing. The bush was thick and the area quite big so all I can remember was that it was great fun trying to find ambush points. They also had an open area with wooden forts and bunkers so this was where everyone ended up trying to take each other out.

The next time I played was in 2008 at Red Dynasty where I did the BTO course with Team Damnation (most of the team had been playing recball/woodsball as a team since 2006)

SeanPadman

« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
I had been wanting to play paintball for quite a while prior to my first time, but never could find kakis. Then I joined SATS cargo, and found they were playing it as often as they could, infrequently as it was. So the first time I played was in 2008, at Orchid Country Club, with my cargo mates.  The intensity, the adrenaline, the camaraderie, all of it got me hooked ever since.

D3tC0rD

« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2011, 03:37:35 PM »
you can choose mate: sunday morning for speedball or a whole day of woodsballing
there are many here. all colourful characters.
take your pick!!!!!
also look out in the events section. you'll find people that play often!!!

GD LUCK!!!
Peace out*

Blue,red,pink,white,yellow....it still smells the same.....a rose is still a rose
quoted by Fellow Soldier
D3tC0rd
X7OG

In Transit*** OPSGEAR***

sheralqadri

« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2011, 08:44:32 PM »
i blame my husband *looks to khairul*. 
he started playin' with team karma in 2009...i followed as crew (started from the bottom of the rung) to his tourneys.  he later taught me how to play and we are now fillin' our passports with heaps of malaysian immigration stamps.  am still learnin' but paintball is heaps of fun.  sure i whine bout havin' to be in the sun and bein' oh so tired..and let's not forget the bruises! but i'll keep comin' back for more.  ;)
paintball | i love

D3tC0rD

« Reply #5 on: 16 February 2011, 05:03:07 PM »
@Sheral..Thats great!!!...Lets meet up when u are up North!!!
Peace out*

quoted by Fellow Soldier
D3tC0rd
X7OG

In Transit*** OPSGEAR***

bazhang

• Lead me, follow me, or GET OUT OF MY WAY ...
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2011, 03:45:10 AM »
Wah... Let's see..

I started off shooting Airsoft IPSC in 2007 .. Was nearby my school and always had an interest in guns and crap since young.
In mid 2008, I gathered a bunch of friends to play lasertag @ macritchie. Was something different because I experienced real 'combat' and got hooked from then.

My first Paintball game was in Dec 2008 in Batam, but it was within the hotel grounds and quite expensive, something close to 60cents SGD per paintball. Was generally ok but looking back today, I realise they didn't follow many safety protocols.

Continued to play lasertag up till early 2009 when I played my first Paintball tournament at Danga City Mall. Followed by my first woodsball game in Ulu Tiram. That period was the critical stage for me as it was either make it or break it. It was the period where I experienced first hand how challenging Paintball could be and had to decide if I really wanted to continue playing the sport. I experienced my first woodsball game having a firefight in the middle of a thunderstorm!

Well lo and behold, I continued playing woodsball almost monthly. After a while decided to try speedball and graduated in the 2nd last batch of BTO in mid 2009. (BTO doesn't exist anymore :)) Attended a few skirmishes before playing in SPNS 2009 Leg 3 with Black Aces where we finished 6th.

In 2010, my friends and I formed Team sNYPers and clinched 3rd place in the tertiary division of the Singapore Paintball Series 2010. Efforts are still ongoing in my school to promote Paintball as a CCA, and as of 2011, the club has gone full force.

Today, while I still do Airsoft IPSC and lasertag, I am still playing Paintball as much as ever, and recently am a proud owner of a BT TM-7  ;D
« Last Edit: 23 April 2011, 04:42:58 AM by bazhang »

Team BLACK ACES
Team sNYPers
23rd ORCA
Team MARAUDERS