Author Topic: Would like to play more regularly....  (Read 3839 times)

SeanPadman

• Interim Committee Member
Would like to play more regularly....
« on: 01 January 2011, 02:59:44 PM »
But have a problem finding people who can commit. So, if anyone needs another guy on the field, feel free to let me know. I'm up for it most times (unless strapped or have pressing issues).

Cheers
Sean

D3tC0rD

• X7OG,DigiINVERT AVATAR,RAP4 TACTEN,MARPAT,MAGPUL
Re: Would like to play more regularly....
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2011, 09:39:28 PM »
HI Sean,
If you look around, and ask around, there are some dedicated ballers here in the forum.
Glad you like the game.
We love it ....in what ever form.
Find a friend, shoot the friend..go home happy.
Peace out*

Blue,red,pink,white,yellow....it still smells the same.....a rose is still a rose
quoted by Fellow Soldier
D3tC0rd
X7OG

Wish List^^^Zero Hammer kit, Tacamo or Trinity, Ego 11.
In Transit*** OPSGEAR***
Arrived and Kitted~~~MAGPUL~~~

SeanPadman

« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2011, 12:31:51 AM »
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Detcord, I'm actually hoping to get to know people from here, haha. Great minds and birds of a feather and all that, eh?

Pbx, I've been wanting to go down to the field on sunday, but things have been a liiil hectic recently. Maybe once I've settled down in to the school routine for the new year, I will. But what's the etiquette for playing on Sunday, whatcha gotta bring?

thepixelninja

• wai u hatin....
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
Hey buddy! Look for me at Red Dynasty. I'll hook you up with some teams if you want. Introduce you to them or whatever. If I'm not there though, sundays are actually open skirmish days for the speedball field. There's no need for booking but bear in mind that this means that you're not a recballer anymore but are experienced in the game and know the basic rules of playing speedball at least. No worries though. Everyone can concur that paintballers are a friendly bunch. To get you started, here are a few links to some of the local paintball teams that regularly train there on sundays.

Ballstics
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=127936727250391

The Outlaws
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=134921543189931

A.C.E.S
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137043066306355

Reapers (Republic Polytechnic)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_136447253073180

Ragdolls
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RagDolls/161951223838532

Red 7s
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5731213524

Dark Militia
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=294942484101

These are just some of the ones that I know of who almost regularly play on sundays at Red Dynasty. You can ask them if they're coming down to train if ever you're headed down the field.

The field practices FPO so don't be bringing outside paints. You can use your own barrel, hopper or tank if you want. As for attaching and removing air tanks, I suggest you speak to the tech at RD first before you do it yourself. Marker is spyder threaded. As for etiquette, unload your paints once you're done with your round so others can use the marker. It's shared so you gotta be considerate. You can remove your attachments and replace them with the original ones if you mind sharing with other people but do it once you're out so you don't delay the rest who're waiting. And don't lose the stock parts that comes with the markers. Heh.

Oh btw, this is in recreational thread but I'm just assuming from the previous posts by you and the rest here that you wanna play speedball and have yet to find a team to play with. If it's recball you're looking for, then I can't do much in that department. Recballers are normally a closed microcosm of the paintball community here. Corporate or family fun time if you catch my drift. Anythin else, just hit me up on facebook. Peace and I hope this helps.

D3tC0rD

« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2011, 09:18:02 AM »
Paintball is a simple game. you can make it cheap (buy 2nd goods from yur fellow ballers, clean item and re-mod them to make them proudly yours) or expensive (Visit Empire or Eclipse websites regularly).
I regularly ebay my items or PBnation, or connect with our friendly northerners.
Woodsballers should visit RAP4 forums, Mil-sim or X7OG,A5OG forums.

Or every year end, visit World cup asia (WCA) lots  of goodies. Bring Moolah and get robbed!!!!ahhahahhaa

Games you can choose. either in SG or up North.
Some spend their weekend up in a nice spot around khatib, orchid country club or turf city.
Some spend carpool and convoy up north and play a full on game.
I would not name any fields because i am not affiliated to any, so that makes me a free mercenary. I play when I want, where i want.
Either way, get wasted so you have your fill for the weekend.

Important is, you make more friends and come back bruised or talk about your headshots.

Look around, look around, you will find that there are many growing good ballers out there.
Look around, look around, you will find gears for sale cheap also..

Whats important is also you dun get into debt or else we will report you to PA..Paintballers Anonymous!!!!
Peace out*

Blue,red,pink,white,yellow....it still smells the same.....a rose is still a rose
quoted by Fellow Soldier
D3tC0rd
X7OG

In Transit*** OPSGEAR***

SeanPadman

« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, school's been busy.

PBX, I have one full helmet, and I use army overalls for my paintball clothing. That's it.  :P

Pixelninja, thanks for all the team links, willl look into it.I'm currently rec, but hoping to make the jump to speedball. Will have to learn a lot on the fly at one go though. By the way, whats your name on FB?

Det, me and my friends have contemplated runs up north, but the people I play with most regularly are shift workers and only available on friday nights. And the remaining bulk are teachers, so gotta wait for hols, haha. Oh, oh, but where exactly up north are the fields? I'm not sure where the Malaysian ones are, or what they are like. Been trying to find em online, but no luck so far. And nice to know I've got someone willing to haul my ass in if I get carried away, haha.

By the way, you guys can add me on FB, name is Sean Padman.

thepixelninja

• wai u hatin....
« Reply #6 on: 27 January 2011, 11:41:07 PM »
Pixelninja, thanks for all the team links, willl look into it.I'm currently rec, but hoping to make the jump to speedball. Will have to learn a lot on the fly at one go though. By the way, whats your name on FB?

Not a problem. Do note however that the teams I mentioned are tournament paintball teams. They dont usually play recball. And when I meant train, i meant like a regime. Basic marker handling, movement in the field...etc etc. Basically drills and skirmishes, not unlike recball. Somewhat like sport fishing and prawn fishing. Yea, I cannot find a better way to put it.  ;D

I've made a friend request on Facebook so I'll just wait for your confirmation. For my team, I play with Rampage Onslaught. You can get there by clicking on my banner down below. We also train up north. As for fields, we normally play at armour.

Here's a link to their facebook page which includes an address and map. Hope all the info's been helpful so far.

>>>> Armour Paintball

SeanPadman

« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2011, 01:05:10 PM »
PBX, got the add, you post some interesting pics :D

I mean the mask with the total head protection. And I want to get the pads, as well as the neck cuff. Probably be getting those within the next few months. And thank you for the offer of a hookup, I would love that if possible.

Pixelninja, Thanks for the link, that will be very helpful when I plan some stuff.
As for the training regime, I've seen the tournament vids, I can image how much training it would require. Be like army training in small squad tactics.

houdini

• ZOO Numero Uno
  • There is no 'I' in TEAM
    • ZOO Paintball
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2011, 04:27:20 PM »

I mean the mask with the total head protection. And I want to get the pads, as well as the neck cuff. Probably be getting those within the next few months. And thank you for the offer of a hookup, I would love that if possible.

Pixelninja, Thanks for the link, that will be very helpful when I plan some stuff.
As for the training regime, I've seen the tournament vids, I can image how much training it would require. Be like army training in small squad tactics.

Sean - unless you have a clinical PAIN phobia having a full head mask and neck cuff is totally unnecessary. A cap or beanie will protect your head and will allow more movement  ;) - sure hits may sting for a few seconds (depending on how bad/hard the paint is you're using) but you quickly become disensitised to the sting... knee pads and elbow pads are a must if you plan on playing because these parts of your body do need protection from heavy falls...

SeanPadman

« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2011, 06:08:53 PM »
The neck cuff is more cos I been shot in the neck before, swelled and drew blood. Didn't hurt, oddly, but still.
Do the face only masks really make that much of a difference? I have been wondering, cos I see many speedballers using em.

thepixelninja

• wai u hatin....
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2011, 03:11:47 AM »
The neck cuff is more cos I been shot in the neck before, swelled and drew blood. Didn't hurt, oddly, but still.
Do the face only masks really make that much of a difference? I have been wondering, cos I see many speedballers using em.

you talking about this one?:

yes people use them, but not really in speedball but in woodsball where barging through thick vegetation might require extra protection to the topside.

speedballers usually go for the lightest and with the tightest profile on the market. example:

no full head protection for those though. but Grant is right. what most of us do is wear a beanie, headband, sandana, cap to cover the top and/or forehead area. you can use the full coverage still and try out the ones we use before you decide. masks are in fact the most important gear you'll ever need. as for neck, get em if you feel safer. there's more impact reducing gear that's available. most people buy them for their bounce factor. balls don't break, you're still in the game.

D3tC0rD

« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2011, 05:49:46 PM »

Dude, Small squad tactics ?? you'd be woodsballin!!thats diff from speedball.
for woodsballin tips PM me!!
Peace out*

quoted by Fellow Soldier
D3tC0rd
X7OG

In Transit*** OPSGEAR***

SeanPadman

« Reply #12 on: 16 February 2011, 11:28:45 AM »
Pixel, thanks for the breakdown. Guess my help is better for woodsball, since it's fully camoed. Gotta aim for the face mask as well, since I have interest in both aspects of the sport.

D3t, looks like my lingo and my thoughts are off, so yes, I will come to you for much much more :D

g3noxid3z

« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2011, 12:34:42 AM »
Hey Sean.. im new to this sport and yes im willing to join you if you want to but unfortunately im currently in NS and its shift work.
i dont mind when and at where,just inform me in advance. oh n u can add me in fb : Hazizul Hakim  :)
hahaha ive no basic equipments though so let the balls hit me and let me learn my lesson from there lol!

SeanPadman

« Reply #14 on: 22 February 2011, 07:25:35 PM »
Hey Hazizul

Will be adding you, and will give you a heads up whenever I happen to have a game on. Else, these great and fun gentlemen here may ask you along for their own :) And as they said, Sundays at RD are good days, should you ever get them free.

As for the equipment and getting hit, I hear you bro. We all started at the same place :D

Ooookay, I tried to add you via name, but there are a TON of Hazizul Hakims. Look for me if you can, Sean Padman McMenamin.